Do you have an interest in public service and improving state government?
NCOSA seeks motivated interns who will work with audit staff to perform audit tests, analyze data, and provide support for more complex audit procedures. The internship program is designed to provide a realistic preview of a career in governmental auditing based on practical experience on active audit engagements.
It is essential that applicants have strong communication skills and understand the importance of attending to even the smallest details in a professional manner.
- Rising senior or graduate student majoring in accounting (or related program) from an accredited/college or university with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Basic understanding of financial and accounting principles
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Full-time work (40 hours/week)
- Competitive hourly rate
- Six-week summer program
- Supervised performance of work to support financial statement and/or federal compliance audits
- Fulfillment of internship in the Raleigh headquarters office or in one of our satellite office locations (Greenville, Wilmington, Kernersville, Asheville)
How to Apply
Interested candidates should complete the Internship Program Application (click link below) and attach the 3 following supplemental documents when replying to the submission email:
- Transcript Copy
- Faculty/professor letter of recommendation(s) – minimum of one
For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The application window has closed for the summer 2024 internship program. We will begin accepting applications for the summer 2025 internship program in August. Please submit any inquiries to email@example.com