The results of our investigative audit found the following:
- The members of the Town Council overrode internal policies and laws and overruled decisions made by Town employees.
- The Town failed to take action to issue corrected Wage and Tax Statements (W-2) to former Town officials and employees.
- The Town Council violated the North Carolina open meetings law.
- The Robbinsville Tourism Authority Board (RTA Board) violated the North Carolina open meetings law.
- The Town Council issued a $414 mileage reimbursement to a Town Alderman without documentation that the use of a personal vehicle was approved in advance or was for a valid business purpose.
- The Town did not complete its monthly bank reconciliations.